"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 18 January 2014

What's HOOKING in Week 2

My local weekly - The Blackmore Vale Magazine printed this editorial for me last week


And the phone hasn't stopped ringing!
The power or advertising.

My Triangles Blanket is now taking shape. 
 I know that I said I would make a Triangle a Day but it's so hard to make only one, so I have whizzed ahead & made 20, 10 in the last session!!

And it's a good job that I worked ahead as I have had such a busy week!! 


The lovely people behind Design Your Career kindly blogged a guest post which you can read here:




Now for a drum roll please!
Coming to a bookshelf near you soon is this FAB book

The front cover features Claire Montgomeries blanket which is fab

However inside you will find 2 of my patterns, one of them being the Baby Blanket you see below

You can enter your email address on this link to be notified of a release date:



However I just had to share this preview picture with you as this is my Baby Blanket!

More on Granny Blankets....

Do you love Granny Blankets? Have you ever wanted to "Plan your Granny"? 
If you need to know how much wool you will need for that Granny Blanket then look no further than this GREAT blog post by fellow designer Lynne Rowe who has got her calculator out & done the hard bit for you 



Now for some classroom news!

I took  7 workshops / classes this week

Some were held in my Crochet Classroom - probably the only dedicated Crochet Classroom in Dorset or even the Country come to think of it!

& some were held at Sparrow UK in Shaftesbury





I always have a good giggle when I teach & I love that my students have a good laugh too!



This lady (on the left) couldn't crochet at all.  She came for her first class in October  '13 & look at her achievements now!


 Look at all these achievements...

Bookmarks by my Beginners Class at SparrowUK


And Hearts by Sarah S who is now and improver after taking a Beginners Course last November



Get Hooked on Crochet's Facebook Page continues to grow



Why not pop over & take a look / join in the fun?

Until next week then 

Happy Hooking

Ali x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!